SHORT LIST OF THE 2013 SPORTEL BOOK AWARDS!
The preselection Committee, chaired by the Secretary of the SPORTEL Book Awards Patrick Mahé, met on Thursday 27 September to extract the short-list of competing books.
This year, 32 publishers played the game well by sending 52 books, from 5 countries and covering 15 sports.
Result of a challenging preselection:
- L’Alpe-d’Huez Les virages de la gloire, by Patrick Fillion (L’Équipe)
- Chic, Le Sport ! by Jacques Henri Lartigue (Actes Sud)
- Chroniques du Tour de France, by Jean-Paul Ollivier (Larousse)
- Coppi, by Herbie Sykes (Bloomsbury Publishing)
- Histoire de la Louis Vuitton Cup, by Bruno Troublé and François Chevalier (La Martinière)
- Jours de Foot – La plus belle histoire du football mondial, by Serge and Françoise Laget (Chronique)
- La Légende du Léman – Bol d’Or Mirabaud, by Bernard Schopfer (Slatkine)
- Les Légendes du Foot, by Thierry Roland (Larousse)
- Roland – Garros 2013, by Alain Deflassieux (Solar)
- Rugby Nostalgie, by François Thomazeau (Hors Collection)
- Tour de France – Les Trésors Officiels, by Serge Laget, Luke Edwardes-Evans and Andy McGrath (Hugo & Cie)
- Tour de France 100, by Richard Moore (Bloomsbury Publishing)
- Treasures of the World Cup, by Keir Radnedge (Carlton Publishing Group)
- Year Book, by Dominique Granger and Patrice Souvignet (Stance Kiteboarding Attitude)
- 50 ans de Formule 1, by Rainer W.Schlegelmilch (Place des Victoires)
Three main themes emerged:
- Cycling, with the 100 years of the Tour de France;
- Football, on the eve of the 2014 World Cup;
- Formula 1 and its 50 years.
Other sports came out the competing books:
Sailing, tennis, rugby, extreme sport: kiteboarding, as well as an album about the birth of sport.
Appointment made on Tuesday 15 October to discover the winners of 2013!